Ideas to make Valentine's Day special !


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL


     Personally, I think we should celebrate love often, at every possible occasion. We shouldn't have a Valentine's day or Sweetest day or whatever day dictating us or reminding us to show our love.

   Nevertheless, I do understand how we get caught up in our routine, busy lives that we do forget that we love and are being loved. So, we should take the time and put the effort to make this day (at least) differ from the rest of the year.

    For example, let's make our own cards and include a poem or a quote. Here are just some that you can write in your Valentine cards:

Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
- Aristotle

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward in the same direction.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Love does not dominate; it cultivates.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way than this: where I does not exist nor you, so close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.
- Pablo Neruda, "Love Sonnet XVII"

"At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet." 
  - Plato (427-347BC) Greek Philosopher

"A heart that loves is always young." - Greek Proverb


... and a personal favorite:

My Love is Like a Red Red Rose

by Robert Burns

My love is like a red red rose
Thats newly sprung in June;
My love is like the melodie
Thats sweetly playd in tune.
So fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in love am I;
And I will lovethee still, my dear,
Till a the seasgang dry.
Till a the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi the sun:
And I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands o life shall run.
And fare thee weel, my only love
And fare thee weel, a while!
And I will come again, my love,
Tho it were ten thousand mile.


OR ...

-- Compose a list: "101 Reasons Why You're the Greatest"  
    and include it in your card.

-- Include confetti hearts inside the card so they pour out
   everywhere when your sweetheart opens it.



    Spice things up if you can! Prepare a special evening (and watch the sparks fly!) where you:

--Turn your "bedroom" into a "boudoir". Use soft colors and
   fabrics, fresh cut flowers on your nightstand, mirrors
   everywhere, etc. (A little tip: Place a perfumed
   handkerchief in the dryer with your sheets before drying!)

--Take a picture of yourself in the most sexy outfit possible.
   Hide in a secret spot in your house and leave him or her
   clues on how to get there or leave a trail of "Hershey's
   chocolate kisses" from the front door to the bedroom, 
   right up to the bed. On the bed leave a note that reads 'I
   kiss the ground you walk on.' 
    
-- Fill the bathtub with warm water sprinkled with rose
    petals. Take a bubble bath together.

--Play the game of monopoly with a few new rules. Change
   boardwalk into backrub, and Tennessee into take your
   shirt off. Every time you pass go, you get a kiss. etc.

For more great ideas check out:

http://www.karaspartyideas.com/2012/02/valentines-day-love-party.html

Whatever you do, have a wonderful Valentine's Day ! ! !




Archive

Recent Post

TITLE--HERE-HERE